Welcome to the home page of Lakeshore Middle School's Library Learning Center!
To go to the online catalog, click DESTINY in the right side bar.
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
The New Semester at LMS is beginning soon, and with it, the BATTLE OF THE BOOKS! Seventh graders will be reading the following books on teams and competing in quiz bowl-style battles just before Spring Break. Here are this year's titles:
- City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
- Crash by Jerry Spinelli
- Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Freedom Walkers by Russell Freedman
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
- iFunny by James Patterson
- Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Par
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Peak by Roland Smith
- Shakespeare’s Secret by Elise Broach
- Wonder by Raquel J. Palacio
Good luck, teams--and HAPPY READING!
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
|Click HERE for video.|
The Scholastic Book Fair will take place in the LMS Learning Center during the week of Parent/Teacher Conferences, Oct. 14-18. Students will be visiting the fair with their English classes on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
In addition, the fair will be open during these times:
Monday: Before & After School
Tuesday: Before & After School; during P/T conferences (evening)
Wednesday: After School
Thursday: Before School; during P/T conferences (afternoon & evening)
Friday: LAST CHANCE Before School!
For more information about the books available on the fair this year, see the promotional video linked below the picture above. For more information about online ordering, see our Scholastic Book Fair home page.